i was tagged by the lovely nomadsoul to answer 11 questions and tag 11 more people/tumblrs. i think is a great way to get know more about the people behind the tumblrs!
- What did you have for breakfast? recently, i’ve been on a green juice kick, my parents gifted us a vitamix and it’s a dream. super easy to use and clean. but i must confess that i haven’t had a chance to replenish the ingredients this week so i snuck one of son’s honey oatmeal raisin cookies today (win some, lose some!)
- What was the last item you purchased? diapers - this kind of made me both chuckle and sad. how unexciting.
- Dream trip you hope to one day take? i miss traveling so so much. dream trip? easy - africa, i would love to visit nairobi (where my mom grew up), go on a safari, the list goes on.
- Most meaningful gift you’ve ever been given? this may seem cliche but the answer is my wedding ring, it’s just a symbol of the commitment we’ve made to each other. being married can be tough. the good times are beyond blissful and when it’s hard there’s very little else that makes you feel so defeated.
- When was the last time you told someone you loved them? my 2-year-old son, a million times this morning. he’s pure joy and temper tantrums rolled up into one!
- Guiltiest guilty pleasure tv show you watch? i’m a total bravo super fan, i watch almost everything on that channel. i deliver global pharmacovigilance training and i need something that i can watch (during breaks) that is totally mindless and takes me away from the nonsense that i deal with.
- What is your bedtime routine? i brush my teeth (washing my face is optional, terrible i know!), curl up into bed and read articles on zite or my book club book. i maybe last 10-15 minutes. i wake up either 4:45am or 5:15am to take barre classes 4x a week so i hit the hay quite early.
- Do your family and friends know you have a Tumblr? i think my husband knows but has never seen it, he could pretty much care less LOL. some close friends, my sister-in-law also know. i don’t really advertise it as i like to think of it as space for just me (if that makes any sense?).
- What is one piece of advice you’d give your 20 year old self? i never bought whole life insurance and regret it beyond words now that i have family. i kick myself constantly.
- The yummiest dish you know how to make (and bonus points if you link to the recipe). my husband cooks for our family. i’m allergic to boiling water but hope that changes one of these days. i really hate to cook but LOVE to eat.
- What is one beauty product you can’t be without? if i had to choose one it would be aquaphor. but really i can’t do w/out BB cream (i currently use garnier bb cream skin renew miracle skin perfector) and mascara (right now it’s benefit they’re real mascara), those 2 things make me look 1/2 way decent when i go out in public.
1. If you work, do you love what you do? If not, what would you do that you’re most passionate about?
2. What is favorite word and least favorite?
3. Name your biggest pet peeve.
4.What is your favorite movie of all time?
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
6. What is ability or skill you most wish to have (super powers not included!)?
7. What is your favorite color and why?
8. How do you make time for yourself or is there something completely selfish that you do for yourself that makes you feel great and balanced?
9. What is your favorite chore/errand?
10. What is one luxury item that you cannot afford but would love to have?
11. When/where is your next vacation?